John H. Stroger, Jr. Hospital, Englewood Health Center
Tulane University School of Medicine
University of Illinois at Chicago
Substance Use Disorders, Maternal-Child Health, LGBTQI Health, Clinical Procedures, Women’s Health, Reproductive Health and Contraception, Chronic Disease Management, Preventive Medicine, Hospital Medicine, Medical Informatics
1. Birkhead, A.G. (2018, Nov). Self-swab versus speculum technique in sample collection for vaginitis: Optimizing clinician and patient experience and office efficiency: Family Medicine Midwest, Madison, WI.
2. Birkhead, A.G. (2018, May). Substance Use Disorder Pocket Guide for Clinical Use. Chicago: Self Published. Print.
3. Birkhead A.G., Jendusa, M.F., Figueroa, E. (2018, May). Substance Use Disorder Curriculum Needs Assessment and Improvement. STFM, Washington, DC. Poster Presentation.
4. Birkhead A.G., Joshi, N., Jendusa, M.F. (2018, May). Retrospective Analysis of Adherence to CDC Prescribing Guidelines for Chronic Opioid Use. Advancing Health Through Innovation and Inquiry in Clinical Care, Education, Service: Scholarship Day, Chicago, IL. Podium Presentation.
5. Birkhead A.G., Jendusa, M.F., Figueroa, E. (2018, May). Strengthening Substance Use Disorder Curriculum for Family Medicine Residents Training in an Underserved Area: An Initial Phase. Advancing Health Through Innovation and Inquiry in Clinical Care, Education, Service: Scholarship Day, Chicago, IL. Poster Presentation.
6. Cha, W., Arquilla, E., Birkhead, A.G. (2018, May). Implementation of a Hospital Paging Guideline to Improve Inpatient Nurse-Physician Communication. Advancing Health Through Innovation and Inquiry in Clinical Care, Education, Service: Scholarship Day, Chicago, IL. Podium Presentation.
7. Birkhead, A.G., Haque, K. (2017, May). “Self-swab versus Speculum Technique in Sample Collection for Vaginitis: Optimizing Clinician and Patient Experience and Office Efficiency." UIC Hospital and Health Sciences – Family Medicine Scholarship Day, Chicago. 24 May 2017. Podium Presentation.
8. Monlezun, D.J., Leong, B., Joo, E., Birkhead, A.G., Sarris, L., & Harlan, T.S. (2015). “Novel longitudinal and propensity score matched analysis of hands-on cooking and nutrition education versus traditional clinical education among 627 medical students.” Advances in Preventive Medicine, 2015.
9. Birkhead, A.G., Foote, S., Monlezun, D. J., Loyd, J., Joo, E., Leong, B., ... & Harlan, T. S. (2014). “Medical Student-Led Community Cooking Classes: A Novel Preventive Medicine Model That's Easy to Swallow.” American Journal of Preventive Medicine, 46(3), e41.
10. Birkhead A.G., Monlezun DJ, Leong B, Sarris L, Harlan TS. (2014). “Optimizing Clinical Nutrition Competencies and Health Habits with Medical Student-led Hands-on Cooking Demonstrations for Underserved Communities.” AMSA Annual Meeting. Podium Presentation.
11. Birkhead, A.G., Loyd, J., Leong, B., Joo, E., Monlezun, D., Kay, D., Sarris, L. & Harlan, T. (2013, April). “Just what the doctor ordered: novel medical student nutritional education through community-based cooking classes.” In FASEB JOURNAL (Vol. 27). FEDERATION AMER SOC EXP BIOL.
12. Joo, E., Monlezun, D., Birkhead, A.G., Leong, B., Abu-Shamat, L., Kay, D., ... & Harlan, T. (2013, April). “The proof is in the pudding: creation of an evidence based medical school nutritional education curriculum with cooking demonstrations.” In FASEB JOURNAL (Vol. 27) FEDERATION AMER SOC EXP BIOL.
Quality Improvement, Informatics, Substance Use Disorders, Medical Education