During a visit to the Cook County Health website, if the website is simply browsed or information downloaded, certain information will be gathered and stored automatically about the visit. This information does not identify you personally. We automatically collect and store only the following information:
the Internet domain (for example, “xcompany.com” if a private Internet access account is used, or “schoolname.edu” if connecting from a university’s domain) and IP address (an IP address is a number that is automatically assigned to a computer when surfing the Web);
the operating system and information about the browser used when accessing the site;
the visit date and time;
if www.cookcountyhealth.org is designated as a home page;
the pages visited; and
the address of the web site visited immediately prior to visiting the Cook County Health site.
Collection and analysis of this information in the aggregate will help us enhance site performance, improve informational materials available on our web site, and improve overall customer service. If an e-mail message to Cook County Health is sent or a questionnaire, form, or other online survey found on the Cook County Health web site is completed, Cook County Health will maintain the information in accordance with applicable federal law.
Cook County Health does not disclose, give, sell, or transfer any information about Cook County Health web site visitors unless required for law enforcement or otherwise required by law.
For site security purposes and to ensure that this service remains available to all users, Cook County Health employs software programs to identify unauthorized attempts to upload or change information, or otherwise cause damage.
MyCookCountyHealth App Privacy
- Current GPS Location – This app requires access to location data to identify and display facilities and locations near you.
- Read and Write Files, Images, Video, and Audio – The app requires read and write access to your device’s files, images, video, and audio for downloading or attaching to messages or visits.
- Camera Access – This app requires access to this device’s camera for video visits and attaching images to messages or visits.
- Microphone Access – This app requires access to this device’s microphone for video visits.
- Wi-Fi and Network Access – This app requires access to this device’s network status for troubleshooting and support.
- IMEI Access – This app requires access to this device’s International Mobile Equipment Identity (IMEI) to perform video visits.