Visiting Cook County Health Locations
Cook County Health operates two hospitals and multiple clinic locations around Cook County. To find information about our locations, visit our locations page.
Please read all the information below about visiting Cook County Health Hospitals.
Updated: May 15, 2023
Currently, four (4) visitors per adult patient and six (6) per pediatric patient are welcome to visit at one time, unless special circumstances apply. Due to space constraints, the Emergency Department (ED) allows two (2) visitors per patient at one time. Other guidelines are as follows:
Inpatient Visiting Hours and Permitted Ages
- General 11:00 a.m. – 8:00 p.m. (Children 2 years and older)
- ICU 24 hours (Children 12 years and older)
- ED & Trauma 24 hours (Every 15 minutes and Children 6 years & older)
- 4 Flex Unit 11:00 a.m. – 8:00 p.m. (Children 2 years and older)
- All Units: Parents and Guardians 24 Hours
- General: 11:00 a.m. – 8:00 p.m. (Children 2 years & older)
- Neonatal ICU: 9:00 a.m. – 8:00 p.m. (Children 6 years & older)
- Pediatrics ICU: 9:00 a.m. – 8:00 p.m. (Children 6 years & older)
- OB/GYN Labor & Delivery: 24 hours for Labor Support Person
- Labor & Delivery: 11:00 a.m. – 8:00 p.m. (Children 13 years & older)
- Gyn. ANTE-Post Partum: 11:00 a.m. – 8:00 p.m. (Children 2 years & older)
Beginning Monday, May 15, universal masking is required for only some locations at Cook County Health clinics and hospitals.
Masks remain required for:
- Anyone experiencing COVID or flu symptoms (coughing, fever etc.)
- Visitors to inpatient rooms
- All patients and visitors in high-risk areas. This includes:
- Staff when providing direct patient care
Patients can request any staff member put on a mask for their safety.
Signage will help visitors and patients know where masks are required.
Masking continues to be strongly recommended for all individuals in CCH facilities. Masks have been shown to significantly reduce transmission of COVID-19 and other viral illnesses. Wearing a mask can help protect yourself and others.
For Cook County Health COVID-19 information, visit our COVID information page.
Notice of Privacy Practices
Notice of Privacy Practices – English
Notice of Privacy Practices – Spanish
Patient Bill of Rights
Patient Bill Of Rights – English
Patient Bill Of Rights – Spanish
General Consent to Diagnosis, Care and Treat
General Consent to Diagnosis, Care and Treat – English
Consentimiento General Para Diagnostico, Cuidado De Salud Y Tratamiento – Spanish