Cook County Health (CCH) will be expanding hours at several of its COVID-19 mass vaccination locations effective Tuesday, May 11. This expansion will make it easier for individuals and families to get vaccinated and also accommodate the expected increase in demand as the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) and Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) prepare to authorize the use of the Pfizer vaccine for adolescents age 12-15.
Effective May 11, the following mass vaccination sites will be open from 8:00AM – 8:00PM Monday through Friday and 8:00AM – 6:00PM on Saturday:
- Matteson, 4647 Promenade Way (Pfizer)
- River Grove- Triton College, 2000 5日 Avenue (Pfizer)
- South Holland- South Suburban College, 15800 State Street (Pfizer)
- Des Plaines, 1155 E Oakton Street (Pfizer)
- Forest Park, 7630 West Roosevelt Road (Pfizer)
Hours will remain 8:00AM – 6:00PM Monday through Saturday at the Tinley Park mass vaccination site, 18451 Convention Center Drive, which offers patients age 18+ the choice of the Moderna or the Johnson & Johnson vaccines.
The Pfizer vaccine is currently approved for individuals age 16+. Those age 16-17 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian to be vaccinated.
CCH will make a public announcement on when it expects to offer the Pfizer vaccine to those age 12+, which will likely be soon after the FDA and CDC provide authorization.
Walk-ins are welcome at all CCH mass vaccination sites. The last walk-in will be accepted 30 minutes prior to close. Individuals can still make appointments at vaccine.cookcountyil.gov or by calling 833-308-1988, Monday – Friday from 7:00AM – 10:00PM and Saturday from 8:00AM – 10:00PM.
Individuals may also get vaccinated at one of three smaller-scale Priority Vaccination Sites. Residents may walk-in during site hours, 8:30AM – 5:00PM. Effective May 11, these sites will have new hours, listed below. Although residents do not need an appointment, they are encouraged to guarantee their vaccination by calling 312-864-0591 or visiting cookcountypublichealth.org.
- Summit Recreation Center (serving Summit, McCook, Hodgkins, Justice, Bridgeview and Chicago Ridge) Monday-Saturday 8:00AM-6:00PM
- Thornton Fractional High School South, Lansing (serving Lansing, Calumet City, Chicago Heights, South Chicago Heights, Harvey, South Holland, Dolton, Burnham) Monday-Friday 10:00AM-8:00PM, Saturday 8:00AM-6:00PM
- West Leyden High School, Northlake (serving Norridge, Harwood Heights, Melrose Park, Maywood, Bellwood, Stone Park, Berkeley, Northlake, and Franklin Park) Monday-Friday 10:00AM-8:00PM, Saturday 8:00AM-6:00PM
Hours of sites remain subject to change. To view a map of all Cook County vaccination locations and hours, visit myshotcookcounty.com/locations.
Alexandra Normington, Associate Chief Communications & Marketing Officer