About the Provident Scholarship Fund
The Provident Scholarship Fund builds on Provident Hospital’s rich history, dating back to founder Dr. Daniel Hale Williams, to uplift and support diversity in healthcare. The Fund was established through a partnership between Cook County Health, the Cook County Health Foundation and Cook County Offices under the President and its Project Rainbow initiative designed to address education barriers. Scholarships will support awardees who are from, and dedicated to serving, underrepresented communities in Cook County.
The goal of this scholarship program is to provide opportunities to students coming from communities that historically have faced greater challenges, including access to education, economic opportunities, transportation, food or medical care.
CLICK HERE TO APPLY
Application period opens on Thursday, April 20, 2023 and closes on Friday, May 26, 2023, at 11:59pm CT.
Learn more about the Provident Scholarship Fund with these Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs).
The Provident Scholarship Fund has two scholarship opportunities:
The Health Professionals Scholarship provides scholarships to medical students and students in a graduate-level clinical academic program. The Health Professionals Scholarship will support awardees who are from, and dedicated to serving, underrepresented communities in Cook County. Students are eligible for an award of up to $20,000.
The Allied Health & Undergraduate Scholarship provides awards to graduating high school seniors, nursing, allied health and undergraduate students in select programs. The Allied Health & Undergraduate Scholarship will support awardees who are from, and dedicated to serving, underrepresented communities in Cook County. Students are eligible for an award of up to $10,000.
|Health Professionals Scholarship||Allied Health Undergraduate Scholarship|
|Award Amounts||$20,000 per scholar||$10,000 per scholar|
|Qualifying Academic Programs||Students in graduate-level clinical academic programs. Include but not limited to: |
• Medical Students
• Dental Students
• Physician Assistant
• Nurse Practitioners
|Various academic health care programs at an accredited institution resulting in an industry-recognized certification, license, or undergraduate degree. The program’s tuition must be equal to or greater than award. Includes but is not limited to:
• Surgical Technology
• Respiratory Therapy
• Radiology Technician
• Nursing (LPN & RN)
|Eligibility||• Permanent resident of Cook County (home address must be in Cook County, cannot use school housing address as proof of residency)
• U.S. citizen/Permanent Resident
• Current student or enrolled in a qualifying academic program at an accredited academic institution
• Financial need demonstrated through FAFSA; Expected Family Contribution (EFC) cannot exceed $2500
• GPA of 2.7 or greater OR in good academic standing where GPA is not applicable
|Application Period||Opens: Thursday, April 20, 2023; Closes: Friday, May 26, 2023, at 11:59PM CT|
|Application Process||Apply using link below. Required documents for application include:
• I-9 Document(s) for proof of citizenship/residency status
• State ID/Driver’s License for proof of Cook County Residency
• Current academic registration or acceptance letter into one of qualifying academic programs at an accredited academic institution
• Student Aid Report (SAR) from FAFSA
• Two letters of recommendation (one from a school administrator, dean, department chair or faculty member, and another from community)
• Personal Statement (400 min-800 max) responding to ALL required prompts below:
1. Your personal and professional motivation
2. Your career goals
3. Your understanding of and commitment to serve in medically underserved communities
4. Current efforts or future plans to eliminate inequities in health education or healthcare
|Application Link||HEALTH PROFESSIONALS PROGRAM: PROVIDENT SCHOLARSHIP FUND | Job Number: 00127198||ALLIED HEALTH & UNDERGRADUATE PROGRAM: PROVIDENT SCHOLARSHIP FUND | Job Number: 00127486|
|经常问的问题||Health Professionals Scholarship FAQs Click 这里.||Allied Health Undergraduate Scholarship FAQs Click 这里.|